When Should I Update my Breaker Panel?
Call 515-689-8900 Today! We’d love to answer questions about your breaker panel!
You’ve been wondering about your breaker panel. You may be thinking that its looking a little rusty and old and that you need to get a professional electrician to take a look at it.
I would recommend that a licensed electrician take a look at it at least once a year and make sure that its safe. The technician who goes through that panel will be able to tell you right away it it needs to be replaced or if it’ll be okay for the next several years. There are lots of connections in that panel that need to be tightened and adjusted to make sure the panel is operating optimally, plus he’ll be able to find any issues that may have happened and correct them before they cause a serious problem.
There are about four different companies that have very old and antiquated services panels that we would recommend immediately be replaced.
• Federal Pacific Electric(FPE) Find out more here. These panels were made by a company that went out of business do to a class action lawsuit in the 1970’s. Many insurance companies won’t insure homes with these panels. You really need to get this panel out of your home right away.
• Bull Dog Pushmatic It has a push-in button style breaker that’s easy to spot.
• Zinsco Find out more here.
• Sylvania Find out more here.
• If you have any questions or concerns, it’s always best just to have a licensed electrician drop by just to make sure your panel is safe. Your panel is the brain of your entire electrical system so it’s important to keep in in excellent shape.
Call 515-689-8900 Today! We love to answer questions!
Or fill out the form below and we’ll schedule an electrician to take a look at your breaker panel.